I’ve already ranted and raved on the BBC messageboard about just why Tamsin Sylvester should be frogmarched from the Pure 24 “studios” and sent back to simpering about clothes on Liquid News or whatever else she does normally.
She gives entertainment journalism – and hell, female presenters – a bad name because:
* Asking Ed Byrne to “say something funny”. The woman has *no* idea how human beings operate. Or comedians for that matter.
* she has no idea what she’s talking to
* she gives no indication of knowing what she’s talking about
* Would she watch 24 if it wasn’t her job? I doubt it.
* it’s a *thriller* goddamnit. So get someone there with at least a vague acquaintance of current global events, and the confidence to refer to it occasionally!
* she *pouts* when talking to people. I mean, I haven’t seen that much pouting since Leslie Ash on MerseyCops or whatever that show’s called.
* gives no impression of intelligence – like most TV presenters these days. Howard, are you listening?
Grrr. She’ll probably be the next J-Lo or Kelly Brook now, I s’pose…