– a London Underground sign about delays on the Central Line because there was a person under the tracks. Then apologising for the delays. No, we won’t apologise for the total lack of safety guards on suicidal people (because there are lots!) …
– nothing says tourist more than a man trying to walk around London dressed in a summer T-shirt and khakis when it’s chucking it down outside. Although I of course maintain it’s a lot easier to dry light clothing than thick clothing.
– Sushi. Yum yum yum.
– The Apogee in Leicester Square is my new favourite spot for coffee and cakes. Even if it is bloody expensive, it has the great feel of a Mediterranean cafe without the pollution fumes that accompany most of the outdoor cafes in central London. It even has a shelter. Perfect rendezvous point. If you’re rich.
– It’s still the kind of city where you need to make plans at least two years in advance (which doesn’t suit my last-milisecond lifestyle) but it’s still a damn good place to be in.
– I definitely need new shoes that are comfortable to walk in, and that can take a bit of a battering. My last two shoe purchases have been woeful in that regard. Any suggestions?
– Why are hotel beds so hard and great?