So round where I am, the snow is less than 4mm. Enough to make people slip at 8am – especially when they’re walking back from the off-licence with their daily six cans of beer – but not enough to stop the buses, cars, trains or anything else. At least, in Inner London.
But that hasn’t stopped the ridculously funny panicing behaviour of some Londoners, to whit:
– panic-buying in the shops
– Someone on BBC Radio 1 who had an event cancelled because of the snow: “We’re not being cowards, we’re genuinely fearful of our health and safety”
– one woman walking home in the middle of a light snowstorm, wearing just a skimpy black lace top. Talk about being caught out…
And despite the lack of snow, there was still enough for kids to start having snowball fights in local parks, and enough to give the usually dour and grey street I’m on a bit of colour. Which is good enough for me for now.
Still, some random highlights of the snow in London:
– bikini-clad models hired to promote a dance workout DVD end up having a snowball fight (The Telegraph). They must have been FREEZING.
– Other Londonist pics of London in the snow
– London on ice in days gone by
– Snow Daleks!
– Why it doesn’t snow in Inner London